Choosing the right Financial Advisor CRM software is critical to the success of your business. The right software will make it easy to manage your clients and keep track of all your interactions with them, while the wrong software can be a major headache.
Fortunately, we’re here to help.
We’ve reviewed and ranked the 9 best Financial Advisor CRM software programs on the market today based on feedback from the financial advisors we work with.
In this article, we’ll give you a few tips on how to choose the best CRM that’s right for you.
Table of contents
- The best financial advisor CRMs (overview)
- What are the best CRMs for financial advisors?
- Why Do Financial Advisors Need Customer Relationship Management Tools?
- How do I choose the best financial advisor contact management system?
- Final Thoughts
The best financial advisor CRMs (overview)
If you’re short on time, here is a breakdown of the top 3 financial advisor CRMs:
Kartra is an all-in-one marketing and sales CRM with lots of features packed into it, including lead management, email marketing, video hosting, analytics, advanced automation and more.
Hubspot is a top-rated CRM solution for larger wealth management firms. It has built-in marketing & sales features and gives you plenty of room to scale as your team grows.
Zoho CRM is the most budget-friendly CRM for financial advisors that are starting out. You can get started with Zoho CRM for free and paid plans start from only $20/month.
What are the best CRMs for financial advisors?
Because we help financial advisors with lead generation, we know how important managing leads, contacts and clients are if you want to be a successful financial advisor.
So, if you’re looking for the best CRM for financial advisors, here is a list of the top 9 CRM solutions, their pros and cons and which one will be best for you:
Best CRM for marketing features
Kartra is primarily a marketing automation software first and a CRM second. This means if you want to focus more on marketing & sales automation, Kartra will probably be the best CRM for you.
Kartra is also my number 1 choice for the best funnel building software.
In other words, with Kartra, you can combine your marketing automation software with a CRM at no extra cost.
You can also see my full Kartra review here.
What I like & dislike about Kartra
- An all-in-one marketing & sales solution
- Build high-converting landing pages
- Host videos
- Get advanced analytics on your leads
- Track your contact’s behavior (which emails they open, web pages they visit, videos they watch, etc)
- Send automated follow up emails to leads and clients
- Segment your contacts into lists with tags
- Leave additional notes on your leads
- Some other CRM programs have a few more CRM features
- Because of the number of features, it can be overwhelming for beginners
Kartra final thoughts
Most of our financial advisor clients have been using Kartra for years to manage and nurture their leads & client relationships. Overall, Kartra is an excellent CRM for financial advisors if you want a CRM which focuses more on marketing and sales.
But if you’re not planning on doing a lot of financial advisor digital marketing, then other CRM solutions will probably be better for you.
If you need help with using Kartra, we can help set everything up for you. Watch ‘Step 5’ of this free training to learn more about how it all works.
Kartra pricing starts at $99/month and most new financial advisors should fit comfortably on the starter $99/month plan.
Like the sound of Kartra?
2. HubSpot CRM
(Best for larger or enterprise financial advisor firms)
HubSpot Sales CRM is one of the best options on the market for the financial services industry, offering a comprehensive suite of features to help sales teams close more deals and improve their customer/client relationships.
What I like about Hubspot is that you can get started with a free plan and then upgrade later as your financial firm grows.
In addition, HubSpot Sales CRM offers a meeting scheduler, payments, live chat, sales management playbooks, quotes, and sales analytics and reporting. The mobile CRM app is also very user-friendly and makes it easy sales pipeline management on the go.
And being part of the Hubspot ecosystem gives you access to a wide range of tools and features to help you with your sales process.
What I like & dislike about Hubspot crm
- Email templates, email tracking, document management
- Compliant friendly CRM
- Meeting scheduler, payments, live chat
- Sales management playbooks, quotes, sales analytics
- User-friendly mobile app
- Account-based marketing features
- Scales up well for larger financial firms
- Free plan
- Has marketing & sales features (but costs extra)
- You need to pay extra for additional features such as sales and marketing automation
- It can get expensive over time
Hubspot final thoughts
Overall, HubSpot Sales CRM is an excellent choice for financial advisors looking for a comprehensive CRM solution. And the fact that you can get started for free, makes it easy and cost-effective for new independent advisors looking for a CRM solution.
HubSpot Sales CRM offers four pricing plans:
- Basic (free)
- Professional ($45/user/month)
- Enterprise ($450/user/month)
- Contact Manager ($1,200/month)
3. Zoho CRM
Best for CRM features
Zoho is another good CRM for financial advisors with a lot of marketing features, similar to Kartra.
After having used both Zoho CRM and Kartra for financial advisors, here are the main differences between each software:
Price: Zoho and Kartra are similarly priced, but if you compare features, Kartra is slightly cheaper for what you get. Kartra wins! (just about)
Interface: Since both Zoho and Kartra require a bit of a learning curve because they have so many features! I’ll give this one a draw.
CRM features: Zoho has more CRM features compared to Kartra. Some CRM features that Zoho does better than Kartra are team collaboration and direct integration with your sales team email account so you can respond to leads from within Zoho. Zoho wins!
Marketing features: Kartra is built specifically for marketing campaigns and has more powerful features compared to Zoho. Some Kartra-specific marketing features that Zoho doesn’t have are native video hosting, large-scale email follow-up automation sequences and behavioral marketing automation rules.
The winner? Kartra is best for marketing features and Zoho is best for CRM features.
What I like & dislike about Zoho CRM
- Lots of CRM features (more than most other financial advisor CRMs)
- Great if you have a larger sales team because of the team collaboration features
- Has both marketing and CRM features built-in
- Integrates directly with your email account so you can more easily manage leads
- Very compliant friendly
- Can be confusing and difficult to use for beginners
- Doesn’t have as many marketing features compared to Kartra
Zoho final thoughts
Overall, Zoho is a very good CRM for financial advisors with hundreds of features packed into it. If you’re looking for the CRM with the most customer relationship management features, I’d definitely consider Zoho.
Like the sound of Zoho?
ClickUp is another excellent CRM for financial advisors. What makes Clickup different is that you can use it for a lot more than just managing customer relationships and leads. Clickup is more of an all-in-one productivity app, with CRM features built in.
Key features include:
- Full project management (to manage leads, clients, sales, marketing, etc)
- Manage tasks with your marketing, client management and sales teams
- Brainstorm ideas with an online whiteboard
- Chat features to collaborate with your team in real-time
- Time tracking features for your team to see how profitable each client relationship is
- Create reports for anything you can imagine (track leads, AUM, sales, etc)
This CRM software for financial firms also helps you keep your team accountable. You can oversee operations in one place and document processes for everything.
Lastly, you can delegate action items to team members.
ClickUp is a great financial advisor CRM software for the financial services industry because it helps you track everything and take action.
What I like & dislike about Clickup
- All-in-one project management platform
- Can be used as financial CRM software
- Easily delegate action items to team members
- Beautiful user friendly design
- Easy to use
- CRM and marketing features are not as extensive as other solutions
4. Clickup final thoughts
Clickup is the right CRM for you if you want to productively automate workflows between you and your team when onboarding new clients.
For example, you can manage a prospect from lead to sale. And once your prospect is a client, you can use Clickup to manage quarterly meetings, track your clients finances, assign tasks (such as creating a retirement plan) to others in your team and lots more.
Clickup great if you want to have proactive communication with new clients regularly to ensure they are happy.
Clickup is also very cost effective. So you could use Clickup’s CRM and project management features with other marketing software (such as Kartra) without it getting very expensive.
ClickUp offers five pricing plans: Free Forever, Unlimited ($5/user/month), Business ($9/user/month), Business Plus ($12/user/month), and Enterprise (custom pricing).
5. Wealthbox CRM
When it comes to financial planning tools, Wealthbox is one of the best and most modern CRM solutions for independent advisors.
Wealthbox key features:
- See the full picture of your clients with ease
- See clients social networking activity
- Store all emails between you and your client
- Group your prospects and clients into different categories
Wealthbox also makes it a breeze to get a client on the phone in one click and create customized data fields to capture whatever you want.
It’s packed with features that are designed to help you better manage your finances, including workspace accounts, contact, and household management, opportunity pipelines, and much more.
Plus, it comes with a mobile app companion so you can access your financial information on the go.
What I like & dislike about Wealthbox
- Built specifically for financial advisors
- User-friendly interface
- Packed with features
- Mobile app companion
- Bank-level security
- Regularly make improvements
- Listen to customer feedback
- Limited integrations with other software
Wealthbox offers four pricing plans: Basic ($35/user/month), Professional ($49/user/month), Premier ($65/month), and Enterprise (custom pricing).
6. Redtail CRM
If you’re in the financial services industry, then you know how important it is to have a good CRM (customer relationship management) system in place. After all, your livelihood depends on your ability to manage your clients’ finances effectively. And that’s where Redtail CRM comes in.
Redtail is one of the leading financial advisor CRM software solutions, and for good reason. It offers unlimited leads, contacts, reminders, and tasks, as well as complimentary database conversions and broadcast emails.
Plus, it has a free mobile app so you can access your client information on the go. And if that’s not enough, Redtail also offers custom exporting, categorizing, and tagging of client records, detailed business intelligence reports, seminar management, and free support.
In other words, Redtail has everything you need to manage your finances effectively—and that’s why it’s one of the best CRMs for financial independent advisors around.
What I like & dislike about Redtail
- Leading financial advisor CRM software
- Offers unlimited leads, contacts, reminders, and tasks
- Free mobile app
- Custom exporting, categorizing, and tagging of client records
- Detailed reports
- Seminar management
- Some users have reported that the interface is clunky
Redtail offers a single pricing plan: $99/month per database.
At AdvisorEngine, they believe that your financial advisor CRM software should make your life easier, not harder. That’s why they’ve designed the platform to be as user-friendly and intuitive as possible. With unlimited leads, contacts, reminders, and tasks, you’ll be able to streamline your client experience and build personalized, optimized portfolios at scale.
It’s got everything you need to streamline your client experience and grow your business more effectively, including unlimited leads, contacts, reminders, and tasks.
Plus, it’s built to think as you do, so you can personalize each client’s experience with ease. And if that wasn’t enough, it also comes with Junxure Evolution—the industry-leading CRM software that’s helped thousands of financial advisors thrive.
What I like & dislike about AdvisorEngine
- User-friendly and intuitive
- Unlimited leads, contacts, reminders, and tasks
- Streamline your client experience
- Junxure Evolution CRM software
- Track new opportunities and deals
- Built specifically for financial advisors
- Doesn’t have a lot of built-in marketing automation tools
AdvisorEngine also offers a single pricing plan: $65 per user, per month—billed annually.
Salesforce is the leading CRM system for financial services professionals. With its integrated platform, AI capabilities, and best-in-class apps, Salesforce provides a single source of truth for sales, service, marketing, commerce, and IT.
This allows financial advisors to personalize experiences for their clients and prospects and connect with them on a deeper level. Additionally, Salesforce is fast to implement and scalable to meet the needs of any size company.
And with its success and community support, it’s no wonder that most of the customers met or exceeded ROI expectations. When it comes to contact management and customer tracking, Salesforce has the solutions financial advisors need to succeed. And with its opportunity management tools, advisors can seize every opportunity that comes their way.
- Integrated platform
- AI capabilities
- Best-in-class apps
- Single source of truth for sales, service, marketing, commerce, and IT
- Fast to implement
- Trailblazer success
- It’s expensive and there are add-ons you may need to buy
- Not good for smaller financial firms
Salesforce offers four pricing plans: Essentials ($25/user/month), Professional ($75/user/month), Enterprise ($150/user/month), and Unlimited ($300/user/month).
9. UGRU CRM
UGRU Financial CRM is a great CRM system for independent advisors because it has all of the features that you need to manage your business, from contact and account wealth management to sales automation and marketing automation.
It also has a great accounting and operations interface that integrates the entire business.
You get all of this for much less than the combined apps it replaces. And there are no limits on contacts or opportunities. You also get a mobile app, workflow automation builder, performance dashboard, pro forma builder (sales forecasting), reports, and more. All of this makes UGRU CRM the best CRM for financial advisors.
- All of the features that you need to manage your business
- Great accounting and operations interface
- Unbeatable price performance
- No limits on contacts or opportunities
- Doesn’t have a lot of marketing features
UGRU CRM offers three pricing plans: CRM Plus ($59/3 users/month), Performance ($139/3 users/month), Professional, ($179/3 users/month), and Advisor Pro ($324/3 users/month).
Why Do Financial Advisors Need Customer Relationship Management Tools?
If you’re not familiar with CRM software, it stands for Customer Relationship Management. And it’s a tool that helps businesses manage their interactions with customers and clients.
A good Financial Advisor CRM will help you:
- Keep track of your client’s contact information
- Manage your clients’ communication
- Make notes about your clients and leads
- Follow up and nurture your leads
- Stay in touch with your clients more easily
- Provide you with sales and marketing automation
- And lots more!
In short, a Financial Advisor CRM is a critical tool for any business that wants to be successful. And if you’re not using one, you’re at a serious disadvantage.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s take a look at the best CRM software solutions for financial advisors on the market today.
How do I choose the best financial advisor contact management system?
The best way to choose a financial advisor CRM system is to carefully consider your needs and objectives. Once you know what you need, you can compare the features of each software and decide which one is the best fit for your business.
- Ease of use: Most financial CRM systems are designed to be user-friendly. However, some are more user-friendly than others. Consider the learning curve when choosing software. If you have a limited budget for training, choose software that is easy to learn and use.
- Functionality: Look for the features and functionality that are important to you. Make sure the software you choose has the features you need to run your business effectively.
- Customer support: With any software, you will likely need customer support at some point. Consider the quality of customer support when choosing a customer relationship management (CRM) software. Make sure the company offers 24/7 support and has a good reputation for providing timely and helpful assistance.
- Integration: Don’t forget to consider integration when choosing financial advisor CRM systems. Make sure the software you choose can integrate with your existing systems, such as your accounting software. This will save you time and money in the long run.
- Scalability: Consider scalability when choosing financial advisor CRM software. Go for software that is scalable and can be customized to meet your changing needs.
- Security: Security is an important consideration when choosing any software, but it’s especially important when choosing financial advisor CRM software. Never let go of the software that has the security features you need to protect your data.
- Compliance: Last but not least is compliance! You need to make sure your CRM is compliant friendly. Every compliance department has different rules and levels of strictness. If you’re not sure if compliance will approve the CRM you’d like to use, ask them first.
When you’re ready to choose financial advisor CRM software, keep these considerations in mind to find the best software for your needs.
A financial advisor CRM software can help you manage your business more effectively. It can automate sales and marketing tasks, improve customer service, and increase efficiencies.
The best financial advisor CRM software will have the features and functionality YOU need to run your business effectively.
By the way, if you’re looking for a way to get exclusive financial advisor leads into your CRM without paying another marketing or lead generation company for leads, watch our free Masterclass training here.
Ashley Davis (or ‘Ash’ for short) is the CEO & Founder of Skyline Social. For over 15 years, he has been helping business owners with lead generation. Ash specializes in helping businesses get high-quality leads, appointments and clients each month in an automated, scalable and profitable way. You can watch his free Masterclass training to learn more.