Creating high quality content for your blog can be a difficult and time-consuming task for busy business owners.
But now with the AI writing tools, it’s easier than ever before!
After writing hundreds of blogs using dozens of different AI copywriting tools, here are my top AI copywriting tools for writing blog content using AI.
These reviews are based on quality, features, price, and speed after testing some of the most popular AI blog writing tools on the market today.
Let’s get started!
Best AI Copywriting Software (Summary)
If you’re short on time, here is a list of the top AI writing tools available right now:
- Surfer AI (best overall for SEO optimization and creating 2,000+ word articles)
- Content at Scale AI (Cheapest long-form AI article writer)
- ClosersCopy (Cheapest AI writing tool)
- Linguix (Best AI Grammar checker tool)
- Hoppy Copy (Best AI copywriting tool for email marketing)
- GetGenie (Best AI copywriting assistant for WordPress SEO blogs)
Looking to use AI writing tools to generate leads, appointments and clients each month? If so, check out ‘Step 4’ of my free Masterclass training to learn how to do this.
What are the best AI writing tools?
Here is the list of the 5 best AI copywriting tools for creating quality blog content right now:
1. Surfer SEO
Surfer is often ranked among my top-rated AI SEO tools because of how well it helps you optimize your content to rank higher on Google.
However, the problem with Surfer is that they never had any AI writing capabilities.
This means you would have to write content using other AI writing tools and then copy and paste it into Surfer to optimize it for search engines.
However, this is no longer the case!
As of May 2023, Surfer has released their own AI writing tool to create 2,000+ word articles at the click of a button.
And after testing it, I’m very impressed!
So far, it’s the best AI writing tool I’ve used (but it does come at a price!)
How does it work?
You start by selecting the “Write with AI” tab in the Surfer “Content Editor:
Then Surfer will ask you to choose the outline of the article.
This feature is very helpful for two reasons:
- It analyzes the top-ranking articles and suggests a unique content outline based on what’s already working well for your target keyword.
- It allows you to customize the outline of your article before the AI writing tool creates the content.
Surfer will then typically give you a 2,000+ word high-quality blog post that is optimized with the correct headings, text and bullet points.
So, what’s next?
All you need to do next is edit the content to make sure there are no mistakes and add any relevant images.
In my experience, using SurferSEO reduces the amount of time to create, optimize and publish a blog post from 7-10 hours to only 1-2 hours.
It’s an absolute game-changer for business owners who want to create high-quality and well-optimized blog content.
Surfer AI Pros
Surfer AI Cons
Surfer SEO Final Thoughts
If you’re a well-established business looking to invest in the success of your business SEO then Surfer is the best AI writing tool currently available.
Yes, it’s more expensive than other tools on this list, but it also saves you the most time and produces the best quality articles.
The biggest reason I’d suggest NOT to get Surfer is if the price is an issue for you.
If it is, then there are other alternative AI writing tools below that are also good. But be aware your articles will take a little bit longer to create, optimize and publish with the other cheaper tools.
2. Content At Scale
Best for writing long-form content quickly
If you’ve Surfer and you’ve been unhappy with the price, Content at Scale is a great alternative AI blog writing tool.
Content at Scale solves a lot of the problems that you experience with other AI writing tools, including:
- You can create 2,000+ word articles in minutes
- Content is automatically organized with headings and bullet points
- Articles are SEO friendly
In other words, unlike AI writing tools that HELP you write content… Content at Scale actually writes the whole article for you!
Yes, you still need to do some light editing, but overall it saves you much more time compared to other AI copywriting tools.
Content at Scale Pros
Content at Scale Cons
One of the key features of Content at Scale is that AI detection tools do not detect your content. You can double-check whether your content is detected by AI using tools such as Originality.AI.
Tip: After Google’s “Helpful Content” update, they specifically warn against writing low quality content using AI. Google says using AI to write content is okay, but you need to make sure your content is helpful! (source)
How does the pricing compare?
If you compare content at scale to other AI writing tools, it’s expensive. However, if you compare Content at Scale to hiring a copywriter, it’s cheap!
And Content at Scale does what other AI writing tools struggle with… It actually creates a whole article in seconds… It’s not just another AI writing assistant. It’s designed to replace hiring a copywriter.
The best way to see if you like it or not is to sign up using my referral link here (which gives you get 20% more credits when you join) and try it for yourself.
They offer a money-back guarantee if, for any reason, you’re not happy, so there’s nothing to lose!
Content at Scale vs Surfer
Content at Scale and Surfer AI are both very similar tools.
What they both do:
- Create 2,000+ word articles in minutes
- Optimize articles for SEO
- Create article headings, key points and other helpful features
So, what’s the difference between Content at Scale and Surfer?
After testing both tools considerably, here are some notable differences I found:
- Content at Scale allows you to create the content again (for free) if you’re not happy with the first try. I didn’t see this option when using Surfer. Fortunately, every article I’ve created with Surfer I’ve been happy with.
- Surfer, in my experience, creates slightly higher quality articles compared to Surfer. But both are still really good!
- Content at Scale’s price starts from $250/month for 10 articles each month (if you use my affiliate link). This works out at $25 per article. Surfer, on the other hand, is pay-as-you go and each article costs $30 (or slightly less if you buy in bulk)
- If you’re creating a lot of articles each month, Content at Scale is cheaper. If you’re creating less than 10 articles per month, then Surfer AI will be more cost effective because of its pay-as-you-go model.
Content at Scale Final Thoughts
Overall, I was really surprised (in a good way) with the quality, speed and quantity of content you can create with Content at Scale.
If you’re looking to create a lot of Content at Scale in a cost-effective way, then Content at Scale is a great option.
However, if you don’t mind paying a bit more for quality and more time-savings, Surfer is another good alternative SEO AI writing tool.
Please note: Content at Scale is a NEW tool so the price right now is the lowest it will ever be. If you sign up using my referral link, you can also get 20% extra credits for the LIFETIME of your account.
Best for price
Closerscopy is an AI copywriting tool that is known for helping people write high-converting marketing and sales copy at scale for less than the price of Jasper.
Note: We’ve partnered with ClosersCopy to give you LIFETIME unlimited access to their AI copywriting tool for a one-time payment (for limited time only). Click here to access this offer before it expires. Offer includes a money back guarantee.
ClosersCopy Key Features:
- Unlimited AI Writing (unique feature to ClosersCopy)
- SEO Audit tools
- SEO Planning tools
- Over 700+ Framework templates to choose
- Hundreds of positive reviews
- 14-day money-back guarantee (more than double what Jasper offers)
What I like & dislike about ClosersCopy:
- Use it to create unlimited words
- Creates long-form blog content
- Good for writing marketing and direct response copy
- Easy to use
- Great price for what you get
- Because this tool is newer than Jasper, the AI isn’t as advanced yet. In some cases, it takes more time to edit articles compared to Jasper.
The pricing is where ClosersCopy really shines!
It has two main packages, a “Power” package or a “Superpower” package. The Superpower package is definitely the best package because it gives you unlimited access to use the tool for a monthly fee of only $79.99/month.
In comparison, for $99/month Jasper allows you to create up to 100,000 words each month.
As you can imagine, if you’re looking to create a lot of content at scale, ClosersCopy would be a lot more cost-effective.
Note: For a limited time you can get LIFETIME access their “Superpower” plan (unlimited words each month) for a small one-time payment. Click here to access this offer before it expires. Offer includes a money back guarantee.
ClosersCopy Final thoughts
Overall, ClosersCopy is an excellent AI writing tool, especially if you want to create long-form blog content or marketing copy. The price is also unbeatable compared to similar products on the market. However, keep in mind that the AI isn’t quite as advanced as Jasper, so it may take a little longer to get the AI content you create to look exactly the way you want it.
If you want to create a lot of content at scale for a low price, I’d recommend ClosersCopy.
Don’t forget, ClosersCopy are offering a LIFETIME deal with unlimited access to their AI writing tool for just a one-time payment. Click here to access this offer.
Best AI grammar check tool
Unlike other AI-powered tools listed here, Linguix doesn’t generate texts from scratch—rather, it helps you polish your copy to make sure it’s grammatically correct, compelling and yields the desired effect.
Moreover, you can use Linguix to rewrite and paraphrase sentences, for example, to make your text more accessible or increase the uniqueness score.
Linguix can be quite beneficial for any type of business communication, studying, copywriting, translating and authoring since you no longer need to spend time and money doing proofreading. It’s quite accurate, easy to use and much cheaper than the competitors’ tools.
Key Features of Linguix
Linguix offers a range of useful features to enhance your writing:
- Advanced AI grammar checks to help you catch errors and improve the accuracy of your writing.
- Suggestions and recommendations to enhance your writing style, including improvements in sentence structure, word choice, and clarity.
- A plagiarism checker ensures the originality of your content by comparing it to a vast database of online sources.
- Writing insights and tips tailored to different genres and types of writing, such as academic, business, creative, or technical writing.
- Content quality score helps you assess your text in terms of readability, clarity and overall style.
Advantages and downsides of Linguix
- Linguix offers a wide range of writing assistance tools, including grammar and spelling checks, style suggestions, and genre-specific writing insights, helping users improve their writing skills.
- Linguix’s basic functionality is free, and paid subscription is much lower than that of competitors.
- Users can create a personal dictionary, set writing goals, and receive tailored recommendations based on their writing style and preferences.
- Convenient browser extension and integrations with popular writing platforms.
- Linguix supports multiple languages, providing grammar and spelling checks, as well as style suggestions.
- Some more advanced features, such as the plagiarism checker and certain style suggestions, are only available in the premium version.
- While Linguix supports multiple languages, the extent of its features and language support may vary, with certain languages potentially having fewer available suggestions than English.
- Like any automated writing tool, Linguix may occasionally provide false positives or negatives in its grammar and style suggestions. However, the accuracy rate is rather high.
In conclusion, Linguix stands out among other AI-powered tools by focusing on enhancing existing texts rather than generating new content.
It serves as a valuable companion in refining your writing, ensuring grammatical correctness, enhancing the persuasive impact, and achieving the desired effect.
The tool’s accuracy, user-friendly interface, and cost-effectiveness set it apart from competitors in the market.
5. Hoppy Copy
Best email marketing AI copywriting tool
Write high-converting emails 10x faster with Hoppy Copy!
Hoppy Copy’s goal is to be the #1 tool for email marketing content, so you can easily create powerful emails that drive leads, sales, and build your brand.
What is Hoppy Copy? It’s an AI copywriting assistant that produces powerful, persuasive copy for dozens of email marketing campaigns, drips, newsletters, and more—in seconds!
Copywriting is one of the most difficult skills in marketing, yet it’s the most important, especially when it comes to email marketing.
Because you’re not just writing to inform or entertain your reader—you’re writing to persuade them to do something. And to come up with the right ideas, angles, and language can take hours of trial and error.
Not to mention, if you are growing your brand to 6-7 figures and beyond, it typically requires sending A LOT of emails, each customized to different personas and lists.
That’s where Hoppy Copy can help.
Hoppy Copy helps you quickly spin up copy ideas for these emails, sequences, ads, landing pages, and more. And if you’re already a great writer, we save you countless hours by coming up with new ideas on the fly. Furthermore, if you ever require in-depth and well-crafted essays or written content for more extensive projects, you can easily hire a writer for an essay through reputable writing services.
Hoppy Copy is perfect for anyone needing help with their marketing copy—or experienced copywriters who need that extra bit of inspiration & want to speed up their workflow.
Hoppy Copy Features:
- 40+ AI email templates to start generating everything from drips, lead nurtures, welcome flows, and more (+ new templates coming every month)
- 10+ Additional AI templates to generate the rest of your marketing copy (ads, social media posts, youtube scripts and more)
- Advanced Notion-style Editor where you can edit copy on the fly (add CTAs, Emojis, Tone etc.)
- Spam check to ensure your emails land in the inbox
- Multiple Docs & Project Folders
- 35+ Languages
- Grammarly Integration
- Collaborate with colleagues & clients with Workspaces
- Simple UI
How is Hoppy Copy different from other tools?
The market is flooded with AI tools, with most using general language models that try to write everything for everyone. These models are not trained to write email marketing copy.
Our AI, however, is trained to do this. And it’s the only one we know of that’s designed specifically for email marketers.
How to Use Hoppy Copy?
Using Hoppy Copy is easy! All you need to do is:
1. Select what you want to write: launch email, social post, ad, etc.
2. Outline your main points & your ideal customer
3. Click “Generate” and Voila! You’ll instantly get 5+ options to choose and tweak to your liking
Best for WordPress AI content generation
GetGenie is a premium AI SEO & Content tool with stacks of content writing and analysis features. It’s at your disposal both as a WordPress plugin and a SaaS interface. It has a wealth of templates to make content generation as easy as falling off a log.
No matter whether you need product ad copies, WooCommerce product descriptions, taglines, pros & cons, or even entire blog posts, GetGenie can generate all of them in a flash. You can even carry out a head-to-head comparison with your targeted competitor by embracing GetGenie.
What I love the most is GetGenie’s “SEO mode” for WordPress blogs.
This lets you conduct keyword research by showcasing relevant sets of data like keyword search volume, keyword difficulty, etc. You can even execute SERP competitor analysis by leveraging GetGenie.
Moreover, the AI tool shows an on-page content score and recommends NLP keywords along with other key metrics to make sure your blogs rank upward in SERPs.
With GetGenie’s “Genie Mode”, content can be generated through prompts effortlessly and users can get a detailed response in return. Apart from that, GetGenie recently released its chatting platform “GenieChat” which can yield quick answers too.
GetGenie Star Features:
- Aims at both WordPress and SaaS users
- Provides 30+ user-friendly templates for writing
- Enables one-click blog generation in a snap
- Suggests NLP keywords and displays an on-page content score
- Showcases related Q&As from Quora and Reddit
- Able to generate content in multiple languages
- GenieChat enables human-like chatting with 22 personalities
Best for speed
Writesonic is a very impressive AI copywriting tool that promises to write articles for you at the push of a button for only $19/month.
Writesonic’s instant article writer, AI article writer 3.0 and Sonic editor are it’s most popular and by far best features:
In other words, you can instantly create a long-form blog post article in just a few seconds… Using AI!
I tested this out for myself (because it sounded too good to be true) and the results were much better than I thought.
Here’s an example of me asking Writesonic to create an article on the “best accounting software for business owners”:
As you can see, it did a pretty decent job!
And it did all this in just a few seconds!
It even correctly used the same accounting software tools that I would have recommended (Xero, Quickbooks, Wave, etc).
However, the article will definitely need to be fact-checked as it can make mistakes.
What I like & dislike about writer sonic
- Create 1,500-word articles in 15 seconds at the click of a button
- Lots of blog templates to choose from
- The quality isn’t as good as the AI tools mentioned above.
- Articles will definitely need a lot of editing to keep quality high
Writesonic’s pricing is very cost-effective! You can create 19,000 words of content each month for only $19/month. I recommend only going with the “Premium” quality packages though.
Writesonic final thoughts
I love the concept behind Writesonic. The idea that you can create content at the click of a button using AI is amazing.
However, it’s worth noting you should never use AI content “as is”. You always need to edit it, add your own personality and experiences and of course fact-check everything.
This is because Google’s latest SEO Helpful Content Update (released in August 2022) specifically warns against using AI-generated content to create content that is NOT helpful to users.
So never use AI-generated content on its own. Only use AI content generators as a starting point and then make it better later on.
Overall, Writesonic is a fantastic tool, and it can create AI blog articles quicker than any other tool on this list.
Best for eCommerce products
Hypotenuse is a great AI writing tool that can be used for marketing copy on your website. Hypotenuse is best used for the eCommerce industry.
Many of Hypotenuse’s clients are online shopping websites that need help with writing unique content for eCommerce products quickly.
For example, here’s what an eCommerce customer said about using Hypotenuse to create AI content at scale:
Hypotenuse is also very cost-effective at only $24/month for 25,000 words and 200 free AI images each month.
You can test out Hypotenuse yourself by getting a free trial.
Helpful AI writing assistant for more than just blog articles
Jasper is an AI copywriting tool that helps you write better content faster.
One of the biggest advantages to using Jasper compared to other AI copywriting tools is that you can use it for more than just blog posts alone.
You can use it for almost anything you can think of, including:
- Writing emails
- Writing ads
- Website content
- Landing page content
- YouTube video scripts
- SEO meta tags
- And more
Jasper has plenty of templates for different purposes to help you write high quality content using AI.
Example of Jasper AI in action
The article you’re reading right now was written with the help of Jasper’s AI writing assistant.
And here’s a tutorial on how to use Jasper to create an article using AI:
Tip: As impressive as Jasper was in the video above, its technology has advanced even more since then! So, keep in mind that Jasper is now even better than what is shown in the video above.
I’ve also used Jasper to help me create various articles for my blog.
Here’s a screenshot of some of these articles:
As you can see from the image above, Jasper has saved me countless hours of hard work by helping me write quality blog content with artificial intelligence.
Jasper’s key features:
- Helps you write blog posts, social media posts, website copy, and more
- The content sounds like a human wrote it
- Includes a plagiarism checker to make sure you have unique content
- Create and expand articles in seconds
- Cheaper than other AI blog writing tools
Jasper AI Pros
Jasper AI Cons
Jasper AI Final thoughts
Jasper is currently the best AI writing assistant that I’ve tested because it allows you to create more than just blog articles for your website.
Think of Jasper as an assistant you can use anytime you need to create written content for anything you can think of!
Want to try this tool for yourself? Get an extra 10K FREE credits when you sign up for Jasper by clicking here.
Contentbot.ai is an AI content writing tool that promises to help you create SEO-friendly articles in minutes.
What I like & dislike about Contentbot.ai:
- Very easy-to-use interface
- Can target specific keywords to write articles around
- Article quality is pretty good overall
- Cheaper than other AI copywriting tools
- Quality is not as good as Jasper or ClosersCopy AI copywriting
Contentbot.ai is a great tool if you’re looking for an easy-to-use AI content writing tool that’s also very affordable. However, the quality of the articles isn’t quite as good as some of the other options on this list.
Copy.AI is an AI content generator that creates human-like articles in seconds. It’s used by over one million professionals and teams around the world and offers premium results at a fraction of the cost of traditional content creation.
Think of it like ChatGPT, but better, if your goal is to create blog content.
Copy.AI is the perfect tool for businesses that want to create high-quality content quickly and efficiently. With CopyAI, you can generate articles, blog posts, website copy, and more in seconds
CopyAI has a free plan that you can use to create up to 2,000 words each month at no cost. But for best results, I recommend you upgrade to their Pro plan for $49/month.
Here are other AI writing tools that didn’t make it to our top 6 list but are still worth mentioning:
- ChatGPT (a good free tool, but requires a lot more inputs to get what you want)
- AI-Writer (great SEO research tools)
- Outranking (unique SEO features to help you rank)
- Bertha (integrates well with WordPress)
- Ink AI Writer
- WordTune (AI Writing Google chrome extension)
- ProWritingAid (best for essay’s or books)
- Simplified (unique features such as AI graphic design and AI video animations)
- QuillBot AI (free, including Quillbot’s online translator)
- Grammarly (for grammar only; not content creation)
What can an AI copywriting tool do?
The benefits of AI copywriting software are that it can:
- Work as your personal 24/7 writing assistant
- Save you time when writing articles
- Replace (in some cases) the need to hire a freelancer writer
- Remove writers’ block
- Help you create more interesting content
- Create content much faster vs doing it on your own from scratch
AI copywriting software cannot:
- Replace a good content editor
- Instantly publish a high-quality blog post for you
In other words, the best AI copywriting tools HELP you create better and faster content. But AI writing tools do not (yet) do absolutely everything for you at the click of a button (at least not perfectly).
So there you have it! These are the best AI content writing tools that can help you create premium content quickly and easily for your business blog.
Ashley Davis (or ‘Ash’ for short) is the CEO & Founder of Skyline Social. For over 15 years, he has been helping business owners with lead generation. Ash specializes in helping businesses get high-quality leads, appointments and clients each month in an automated, scalable and profitable way. You can watch his free Masterclass training to learn more.